The photos presented by foreign nationals while applying for a Russian visa have to meet the following requirements:
- The photo has to be presented in a single copy.
- The required size of the photo is 45mm x 35 mm. No frames or special corners.
- The characteristics of the photo:
– The distance between the pupils – 6 ± 3 mm;
– The distance between the eye line and the chin – 15 ± 2 mm;
– The light field between the head and the top edge of the photo – 6 ± 2 mm.
- Photo should be color
- The photo paper can be plain, glossy or opaque. The relief or raster structure are not allowed
- The background has to be white or light gray. Other colors are not allowed.
- A full face only. The face has to be placed in the middle of the photo.
- Natural and neutral expression, with no smile or grin.
- The clothes have to be usual, appropriate and neat. You can’t take a picture of yourself wearing the outwear (jacket or coat), headdress (except for special cases) or topless. You can only wear a headdress on the photo if that is a requirement of the religion or the medicine.
- The face has to be lighted equally, no glares, shadows or contrasts. You can’t use special art effects while manipulating with the photo.
- The image has to coincide with the negative.
- No dominant color is allowed.
- The image should be clear, quality, with no scratches or other disadvantages.
- You can only wear glasses on the photo if you wear them permanently. No sunglasses/dark glasses, no glimmer from the glass.
- The photo has to be taken no more than 6 months before the appliance.
Nowadays there is no need in photo studios. By meeting all the requirements, you can make a photo at home by your own technique. You can find the detailed instruction below.