If foreign nationals obtain a Russian visa, it gives him legal right to cross borders of the Russian Federation for purposes of stay, which he has indicated in his visa application. Visa registration is an internal structured process and even the slightest violation can lead to a refusal by consular authorities.
What do you need a visa for?
Russian visa provides a right of entry to the country and staying in the Russian Federation within the period allowed. At the same time, the key characteristics of the given document are its time frame and purpose(s) of the journey. Violation of the allowed length of stay or declared purposes entails prosecution and deportation.
Pay attention! The purposes you are declaring can’t be changed after the visa registration. That’s why you need to identify them as clear as you can during the preparation of documents.
What visa do you need to enter Russia? That depends on purposes of the upcoming visit. The goal of your visit can be:
- Various kinds of tourism
- Business trips
- Participation in educational programs (long-term/short-term)
- Working in Russia
- Official/diplomatic visits
- Participation in cultural, sports and other kinds of events taking place in Russia
Pay attention! You need to indicate purposes of your journey while applying for a visa in the consulate as far as it determines what kind of Russian visa you will get.
Get tourist visa
invitation for €19
Foreign national can obtain Russian tourist visa on the following directions:
- Traveling under a contract with tourist services – visa is issued for a period up to one month
- Traveling by personal car – visa is issued for a period up to 30 days
- Traveling in order to decide commercial issues or undergo a medical examination – visa is issued for a period up to one month
- 72-hours tourist program – visa is issued for 3 days
- Tourism-hunting – visa is issued for 30 days
- Tour-group – visa is issued for a month.
Russian visa for the educational purposes can be issued for a period up to 90 days or for the whole period of studying. However, the term can’t exceed one year but the visa can be prolonged. You can apply for a visa in cases of any educational direction (postgraduate, internship, teaching, etc.).
Pay attention! Study visa doesn’t give you the right to work after the educational process has been completed. In order to do it, you need to obtain Russian visa indicating hiring as a purpose of entry.
We will help you get
a Russian 3-year work visa
Duration of the visa that gives you the permission to work in the territory of Russian Federation is determined by conditions of the upcoming job. Foreign citizens who intend to work in Russia will be provided with a simple work visa for a period up to 90 days. Later you can apply for a multiple-entry visa issued for up to one year.
For certain categories, there is a special procedure for issuing:
- Employees of foreign legal persons’ offices can get visa for up to 90 days with an option to apply for a multiple document
- Teachers get visa for up to 90 days except for cases when their contract exceeds this term so they can apply for a multiple document
- Reporters and other specialists working in mass media are provided with a visa for up to 90 days
Pay attention! Visa for media workers requires getting accreditation in Press and Information Department of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Get business visa
invitation for €35
Business trips can be regular depending on the nature of a particular business. Among the purposes of business visa, the following are highlighted:
- Commercial trip in order to sign contract(s)
- Trips of car drivers, members of the team, technical department
- Medical treatment in Russian clinics
- Formalizing an adoption
- Other kinds of business trips
Pay attention! To implement these goals you can obtain either a single-entry visa or multiple document. Yet you can’t stay in Russia for more than 90 days during half a year.
Transit Russian visa for foreigners allows a person to enter Russia legally, move freely to particular destination and even make short stops. The key point of getting this document is to have a right to enter the territory of the state where you go.
Pay attention! Transit visa requires having a travel document with an indication of the end of a trip, which should be located beyond Russia.
Transit visa allows you not only to move freely but also to do short stop for a period not exceeding three days. In such case, you don’t need to register in local authorities of the Ministry of the Interior or in a hotel.
How to get Russian visa
How to obtain a visa to Russia and what documents you should provide? Before you go to the consular office with a filled application form, you need to collect a package of documents that are necessary to get an affirmative reply. It includes:
- invitation from a citizen of Russia or from Russian organization for foreign nationals to enter the country
- profile in the form approved by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- current passport of foreign citizen (or other travel identification)
- photo 35mm x 45mm
- medical insurance valid within the term of the trip
- receipt for the contribution of consular fees
Some kinds of visa require additional documents (for example, a transit visa is issued under the condition of providing travel documents through the Russian Federation).
The issuance of invitations is carried out by migration services of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the request of the receiving party whether these are citizens of Russia or legal persons. The request needs to have following attached documents:
- Passports of the host and the foreign citizen
- Constituent documents of the legal person
- Letters of intent for providing the guest with some kind of residence same as medical and material conditions within the term of the visit
- Information about purposes, timing, and duration of the visit
As a result migration service issues an invitation that can serve as a valid ground to apply for a visa.
Pay attention! Documents for Russian visa need to be checked and double-checked before sending into consular authorities. You should pay special attention to declared purposes and time frames of your journey.
You can get any help with paperwork from our company’s specialists. We are capable of filling an application form or a legal request, providing assistance with an invitation for any purposes of the journey for foreign nationals.
How much does it cost?
How much do you need to pay to obtain Russian visa? The overall amount consists of consular fees and services fees. The second position means that you additionally pay for services of the Visa Center that provides you with a visa.
When applying you need to pay a consular fee, whose size depends on the urgency of an issuance and the country of living of the foreigner.
- For citizens of the European Union’s member states: 35 euros within standard time frame and 70 euros for fast-track issuance
- For citizens of the US, Great Britain and Canada: 140 and 250 euros respectively.
Pay attention! In the case of denial, fees are not the subject of return so you need to focus on filling documents in the right way observing all the instructions and recommendations. To clarify all details use the application form on our website.
The cost of the Russian visa may include expenses on services of intermediaries. This way the cost will be a little higher but you will get guaranteed documentation and no ground for refusal.
Our company provides full assistance of every step of obtaining. In order to know how much will visa cost for you consult with our specialists or leave a request using the form of feedback.
For obtaining Russian visa you need to know all the responsibilities for foreigners who stay in Russia. The main requirement by migration legislation is to register practically every time you come to Russia.
Visa regime includes following details of registration for foreigners:
- Every foreigner staying in Russia has a duty to register. Exception – short stops during entry by transit visa or 72-hour tourist program
- Registration is carried out by migration authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by hotels where foreign national stays
- Changing the residence during legal staying in Russia requires new registration except for cases of less than three-day movement
Pay attention! During visa application process the receiving party (travel company) generally takes all the responsibilities of registration of its clients. Nevertheless, visa holders must watch out the registration process by their own.
The violation of registration requirement may lead to extremely sad consequences. In this case, the offender can be brought to justice and deported from Russia. Besides, the fact of breach can influence the ability of obtaining re-entry visas.
Procedure for obtaining
What happens after you apply to a consulate? Within what timeframe you can gain Russian visa? After receiving profile and attached documents, the authorities should check the following information:
- Completeness of the documents provided
- Compliance of the foreign national’s profile with the data indicated in the invitation (purposes, timing and duration)
- Absence of official bans on the applicant’s staying in the territory of the Russian Federation
If the foreign national breached the visa regime during his previous residence in Russia (exceeded legal timeframe, violated the purposes or didn’t register by the established procedure), he might get refusal in obtaining permission to enter. In such case, it would be hard to get Russian visa even through time.
Pay attention! Refuse under other kinds of circumstances (for example, mistakes while filling a profile or an invitation) can’t hinder the further appeal, yet requires higher attention to making a package of documents.
The processing time depends on physical and technical opportunities of the consular office. The maximum duration of document checking and issuance of a visa don’t exceed 10 days since the moment of applying. In cases of paying the fast-track fee and having special occasions, you can get a visa in one day.
We offer you to fill in the applying form on our website and use our specialists’ assistance on every stage. Our consultants will help you to choose suitable options of registration so that you could get a visa in the shortest terms. Be free to use our specialists’ help in order to deny the refuse when applying for visa